Prishtina, 8 December 2017 – American Chamber of Commerce organized its annual Gala Charity Dinner where many partners and business members gathered to provide their support to education infrastructure improvement in villages. To show their support, the former President, Atifete Jahjaga, USAID Mission Director, James Hope, and Minister of Economic Development, Valdrin Lluka have also attended the event.
This year 31,000.00 € are collected, 75% of which will be dedicated to improving the education infrastructure, providing the relevant institutions with basic supplies and equipment, and ensuring equal access to education for children in remote villages in Kosovo. The remaining funds (25%) will be dedicated to “Xheladin Deda” a Resource Center in Peja, for purchasing learning equipment for visually impaired children.
AmCham acknowledges the support of platinum sponsors as: IPKO, Meridian and Coca Cola HBC; gold sponsors as Limak-Prishtina International Airport and Gjirafa; silver sponsors American Clinic and NLB Bank; and Railtrans and Orbi-Co as regular sponsors that supported this initiative.
Last year AmCham has also donated in education, supporting ATOM Institution (70%) and the remaining funds (30%) were allocated for scholarships.