Economic Research Institute Theodore Roosevelt
Vacancy Announcement (Repeated)
Head of Institute
The American Chamber of Commerce in Kosovo is calling for all the interested candidates to apply for the position Head of Institute. The Head of Economic Policy Institute will report to the Executive Director of AmCham on operational matters in accordance with Kosovo’s Labor Law, AmCham’s Bylaws and Internal Employer’s Act.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and manage the Economic Research Institute
• Conduct economic policy researches to achieve the goals and objectives outlined by the American Chamber of Commerce
• Study the socioeconomic impacts of new public policies, such as proposed legislation, taxes, services, and regulations
• Collect and analyze economic and statistical data using sampling techniques and econometric methods
• Compile economic, fiscal, demographic and other data relating to various economic policy research projects
• Formulate recommendations, policies, or plans to solve economic problems or to interpret markets
• Maintain and update quantitative and qualitative economic, financial, or statistical databases
• Develop economic guidelines and standards and prepare points of view used in forecasting trends and formulating economic policy
• Testify at regulatory or legislative hearings concerning the estimated effects of changes in legislation or public policy and present recommendations based on cost-benefit analyses
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director, in accordance with the employee’s professional qualification and experience.
• University degree in the field of economics and/or policy research is mandatory.
• Minimum two years of relevant work experience is required.
• Demonstrated experience in preparing research papers and an expert understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods
• Proficiency in software applications is required, e.g., Excel and/or econometrics packages such as TSP, Eviews, AREMOS, SAS, RATS, together with a knowledge of statistical and econometrics techniques and macroeconomic relationships
• Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Albanian are mandatory. Knowledge of Serbian is optional.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to gather and analyze economic data, present findings and formulate policies
• Ability to plan, coordinate, and expedite work projects, work quickly and accurately under pressure and collaborate effectively with others.
Please send your CV, Cover Letter and three Letters of Reference by June 15, 2017 under the 'Application: Economic Research Institute' subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org