Agreements of Cooperation
The Arbitration Center has build a network of partner universities and institutions. In this regard, the following Agreements of Understanding have been signed:
- Memorandum of Cooperation with University College ILIRIA
This Memorandum of Cooperation in the area of arbitration and mediation intends to enable the establishment of a platform of cooperation between academia, the ADR Center, and the business community.
The memorandum aims to promote a more dynamic academic environment and prepare future professional generations in the area of alternative dispute resolution, particularly in arbitration and mediation. Moreover, it will also affect the promotion and capacity of AmCham ADR Center and the increase in number of disputes resolved through alternative methods in the ADR Centre.
3. Memorandum of cooperation with European School of Law and Governance
This memorandum aims to enable the establishment of a platform of cooperation between the academic community, the ADR Center, and the business community.
4. Memorandum of Cooperation with Universum College
5. Memorandum of Cooperation with RIT Kosovo
6. Memorandum of Understanding with the International Civilian Office in Kosovo
With this Memorandum of Understanding the parties have agreed to provide for, and utilize, the commercial arbitration and mediation services at the AmCham Arbitration Center as per the conditions set forth below.
- ICO shall include arbitration clauses in substantially the form of the clause attached in Annex I, providing for arbitration at the AmCham ADR Center, in certain procurement contracts with national (Kosovan) or international entities;
- ICO shall include arbitration clauses in substantially the form of the clause attached in Annex I providing for arbitration at the AmCham ADR Center in all of their employment contracts with national (Kosovan) and international employees;
- ICO shall at its own option use the Mediation services at the AmCham ADR Center in all of the disputes arising from procurement contract and employment contracts;
- Kosovo Arbitration Rules of Procedure and Kosovo Mediation Rules of Procedure as adopted by the ADR Center and in effect on the date of this MOU shall be applicable to all of the disputes arising out of relevant contracts foreseen in Article III.1 and III.2 of this MOU;
- In the event that AmCham ADR Center is unable to contact a party to a dispute based on the information provided by ICO in its request to arbitrate or mediation, ICO shall give its best efforts to assisting the AmCham ADR Center in locating and establishing correspondence with such party;
- ICO shall pay the fees for arbitration in accordance with Article 45 of the Kosovo Arbitration Rules of Procedure;
- ICO shall pay the fees for mediation services, as described in the Kosovo Mediation Rules of Procedure; and
- ICO shall use its best efforts, including instructing its attorneys, to take all actions necessary to efficiently complete any arbitration or mediation procedure at the AmCham ADR Center.