New York, September, 2015 – From September 8-12, a group of arbitrators of AmCham Kosovo Alternative Dispute Resolution Center conducted a study visit in five of the most prominent arbitral institutions in New York.
This was a very important activity for the ADR Center and the arbitrators, towards reaching contacts in the field of arbitration and receiving first hand, face-to-face information from arbitration practitioners and professors, as well as gaining new insights from their professional experience.
For the ADR Center arbitrators, this study visit was an excellent opportunity to learn about the organization and structuring of commercial arbitration in different institutions, latest developments in the field, as well as the potential revisions of rules which had taken place recently.
Last but not least, it was interesting to hear from the managers of the marketing components of these institutions on their awareness raising campaigns for commercial arbitration.
The delegation visited and met with representatives of the following institutions:
- Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (JAMS)
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR)
- New York International Arbitration Center (NYIAC)
- International Center for Dispute Resolution (AAA/ICDR)
- International Court of Arbitration, New York – International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)